Thursday, December 23, 2010

…from this day forward.

On this day in the year two-thousand, Matt and I were bound in holy matrimony.  Four moves, five jobs, two kids, one dog, and TEN years later…here we are!  It was a quaint little ceremony, with all the most important people in our lives present, in a small church in Canadian, TX.  Nothing too fancy or over-thought, because all I really cared about was marrying Matt.  There’s probably a lot I would change about it now—technology sure is a lot better ten years later—but it was perfect the way it was.  Our first home was an old farm house renovated into a duplex; make that the original farm house on the section of property right smack dab in the middle of what is now Lubbock.  It was old, and set up weird (our front door led you right into our bedroom!), but it was a beginning that I wouldn’t want to change.  For my first birthday as a married woman, Matt bought me a cell phone, our first cell phone ever, and we shared it.  Our first major purchase as a couple was a house (boy, is that major!).  We’ve been through lean times, fun times, hard times, crazy times, and joyous times together.  Marriage hasn’t been easy for us, but I’m confident that God knew what he was doing when he put us together.  He knew that we needed each other in order to challenge each other and to grow in ways we wouldn’t if it weren’t for each other.  Ten years isn’t really that long in the scheme of things, but it’s a milestone I’m happy to be celebrating today!Jackson Family 022PS  I would post a pic of our lovely wedding day, but remember when I said technology is a lot different?  Our pics are on film, and though we have a scanner, I can’t figure out how to work the darn thing, so here’s just a picture of us, being all smiley happy…enjoy!

4 comments:

The Reeds said...

It was such a beautiful wedding and a beautiful day with a beautiful bride.

Congratulations you guys!

Bekah Schaub said...

I remember that day. I had to sing. :) I also remember the time that Matt and you came down the stairs and you had a ring pop on your finger. That was a good day too... :) It's been a grace of God to us to have you in the the family, Jill. LOVE YOU!

Merissa said...

Wow, 10 years goes by really fast! There is a card on its way to you- Happy Anniversary!

jeaniejones77 said...

I was your matron of honor. How time flies. I miss you. I miss the closeness we once had. Although, I do know this, if we ever able to get together again...that closeness would still be there. Happy Anniversary to you and Matt. So happy for yall