Matt’s presentation at the conference was on the third day we were in Vancouver, so he spent a good part of the day doing work stuff. I got to lounge in the hotel room, doing absolutely nothing, which for me is a treat in itself! Our last day in Vancouver we visited Stanley Park, which was Matt’s favorite part of the trip. The Totem Poles:
Here’s Matt wistfully wishing he could run (he’s having knee problems!)
Matt thought this was a cool bridge:
I found the perfect place to take family pictures…too bad my kiddos and sis-in-law (our favorite photographer) weren’t here to take advantage of this beautiful scene!
We decided to head back to Seattle early afternoon so we could take in all the scenic views. At the border I was able to get out and snap a few pictures of the Peace Arch, which we remembered seeing on tv during the Olympics this past winter.
And, no, the United States Flag is not flying higher than the Canadian flag, it just looks that way because the flags are on opposite sides of the arch, and I was on the U.S. side looking up toward it. It was fun being in Canada, but it sure felt good coming back to the ol’ US of A! The border agent who was checking us through said, “Welcome home.” Ahhh, home sweet home! The next day we flew home and got to hug on our beautiful kids. It was awesome to get away just the two of us, but nothing beats being hugged and loved on by two sweet little monkeys!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Seattle/Vancouver Part 5 (and final edition)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great pics! Glad y'all had a good time. I've never been to Vancouver but I love Seattle. Excited to see you this weekend!
How exciting! Fun recaps. :)
Wonderful pics-we'd like to go there! I'm glad you guys got a chance to get away together!
Post a Comment