The morning of our first day in Vancouver, Matt and I walk out of the hotel and this is the very first thing Matt sees: Can you see my “this is so dumb, I can’t believe my husband is making me pose in front of this car” smile? He actually asked me to lay across it, but I was afraid to touch the darn thing. It’s an Aston Martin, and it is the hotel’s shuttle car. Ok, moving on… We decided to go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and to get there we took the trolley bus, which was pretty neat because we got to drive around a little bit of Vancouver and through Stanley Park. Once we got there, Matt was surprised that I handed him the camera and said, “Take a picture of me standing out in the middle of it.” I am a big scaredy cat, but decided if I just hurried up and did it, maybe it wouldn’t be too bad.
That’s not so bad, right? But look at the not-zoomed-in picture:
Whoa! Notice I’m holding on because it’s pretty wobbly just from people walking on it. They have a little building with a guy that sits there and watches, and occasionally over the loud speaker says, “NO RUNNING, PLEASE WALK!” Haha, that’s a fun job!
This is looking down from the middle of the bridge to the river.
On the other side of the bridge are wooden walkways through the rain forest.
That sign says the tree is a Douglas Fir, 205 feet in height, 20 feet in circumference, and approximately 1300 years old. Wow!
To get back to our hotel, we decided to take public transportation by way of city bus and then…du dum duhhhhh….SEA BUS. Don’t ask me why, but I think both of us were excited about the sea bus. I mean, it’s a bus, but for the sea, how cool is that? This picture was a little fuzzy, but I just had to post it:
Looking out of the window toward our hotel:
It’s probably weird, but I took a couple of pictures of the sea bus before we exited:
That night we went to a nice seafood restaurant and had a great time and enjoyed yummy food.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Seattle/Vancouver Part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment