Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ok, ok, we love Judah too

I have been prompted by my guilty conscience (and Matt) to do a post about Judah. I’ve also been spurred on by the fact that we’ve already fallen into the bad habit of not updating our blog… whoops!  So here’s to Judah, the crazy quirky one:

1. The boy can be summed up in two words: TRAIN LOVER!!  He got a train table for Christmas, and is still telling people about it. It has to be one of the best presents ever.  And as of late, he is so into the railroad crossings (also known as the Ding Ding Ding in Judah’s world). He can do a great impression of it by holding his hands high above his head and slowly bringing them down while making the noise, “Whooo, hooo, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!” For some reason text just doesn’t do it justice, we’ll have to work on getting a video. Here he is at the train crossing in the Albuquerque zoo:Copy of 2009-03-19 173

And this is at the Tweetsie Railroad Amusement Park in North Carolina. The boy was in awe of the real train; such a treat for the train enthusiast!2009-07-09 021

And of course when the kids got their faces painted at Tweetsie, choosing the train was a no brainer for Judah!2009-07-09 040

2. He is quite the water dog. He absolutely loves swimming and is in no way afraid of the water. While in South Carolina this summer, he fell in love with the ocean. I would worry about him becoming a beach bum someday, but seeing how he couldn’t stand the feel of the sand on his feet, it’s not likely to happen! Swimming with Daddy pretty far out in the ocean:2009-07-09 152

I love these next pictures of Judah. It shows the sequence of his face when the wave rolls in:

We did a week long swim class with him in July at the WT pool. It was great because we learned a lot of pool and swim safety stuff that has helped us teach him how to swim. Of course he loves jumping in:

 2009-07-30 026 cropped vertical2009-07-30 027 cropped vertical2009-07-30 023

3. He thrives on attention. This can be good and bad at times; bad because he doesn’t really know how to go about getting this attention and has resorted to what I like to call the “sympathy complaints”. “Daddy, I’m just tired.” “Mommy, I’m just hungry.” “Gigi, know what? I fall down.” Keep in mind that these statements really have nothing to do with how he is feeling at the moment. It has worked for him in the past, and hey, if it works…  But it’s good because he can be such a cuddle bug at times. Here he is cuddling with Mommy at one of sister’s softball games:DSC_01604. He has a special relationship with Gigi (Matt’s grandmother). We think it stems from when we lived with her for about 3 months 2 years ago when we were in the process of selling and buying a house. He was one back then, and a strong bond formed between them. This is at Audrey’s preschool graduation:2009-05-15 104

5. He potty trained himself!! That was probably one of the best gifts he could have given me. Since we had such a hard time with Audrey I was not planning on attempting it for a while, but he had plans of his own. Once he figured out candy was associated with successes in the potty, he was on board! There have been accidents here and there (especially when the candy slowly disappeared from the picture), but overall it’s been a great experience!

6. The dude can come up with some pretty stylin’ outfits, ‘nuff said.

2009-03-03 0692009-06-21 054

7. Judah has some hilarious faces. He’s very animated, is quite entertaining—and have I mentioned CUTE?2009-04-10 042DSC_01302009-07-09 0742009-05-15 055

8. And of course he is one handsome guy.2009-04-10 147Beach 0134 8x10 edges filled in levels2009-04-10 257 edit

A few other tidbits about Judah: His favorite song is “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” and we’ve heard this song sung in about every variation you could think of (train whistle, dog bark, lion roar, froggy, etc.). He could live on Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches (“butter sandwich” in Judah speak). He’s fascinated by the Dell Lollipop commercial and when it comes on he asks to see it over and over again (thank goodness for DVR’s!)

And so this post comes to a close, with an apology: sorry the first two posts of our blog are so super long. We’ll work on keeping it to a minimum in the future, but when the subjects are such as these, you can hardly blame us, right?

4 comments:

Damon and Erin said...

Precious boy...I loved visiting with him last week. He has grown up so much and is such a sweetie pie.

Brandon and April said...

yay!!! Judah Bug! yep...bout time. and no, can't blame you for such long posts with such cute kids. :)
hmmm need to get your pics on my shutterfly so I can order some prints. and I still one copies of your cowboy ones too! :)

Merissa said...

You have beautiful and wonderful kiddos! I'm so glad I get to see them in person at least every other year so I can see them change and grow!

Brandon and April said...

soooooooooo
you're averaging one blog a month and you are out of children to write lengthy posts about.
signs are not looking good.
good thing your son has a birthday coming up!