Ode to Audrey, my sweet baby girl. It is hard for me to believe that she is old enough to be going into kindergarten. Ok, I'll be honest, I'm struggling with the idea of her going to school, and I just dread the first day. I'm going to be a basket case, probably embarrass her, and maybe even myself a little. And to top it all off, we cut her hair short today. She had convinced herself she was ready to do it, was excited about it, but alas, once it was done she was nearly in tears--which translates into mom being in tears. But I think we're ok, and she may eventually learn to like it, or she'll never step foot into a salon again. At this point I think it could go either way. Earlier she was saying, "What if I never cut my hair, and it was longer than my feet? Then it would take a long time to braid it and people might step on it!" Not sure if she's trying to convince herself she'd rather have short hair than have that happen, or if she's saying that'd be awesome; with her you can never tell. She's also telling me she just doesn't like it because it curls under...which is obviously very fixable. We'll see.
And so, to honor my girl, here's a few things about her (in order of happenings this year):
1. She loves the snow, and had a blast learning to ski this year.
2. She's a bit of a tomboy (we'll say a sissy tomboy) and had a Star Wars birthday party when she turned 5. Most of her friends are boys--although we are thankful for the neighbor girl that is the same age and is quite the playmate of Audrey.
3. She LOVED preschool. She only went 2 mornings a week, and begged to go more and stay later. At least we know she's going to handle starting kindergarten better than her Momma is! This is at the school's Easter party.
4. She's such a pretty little gal. All dressed up so Momma could take some pictures.
5. She played softball this year. Ok, maybe we made a mistake and should have put her in soccer first. Not that she did bad, but do you know how hard it is to teach softball to 5 year olds? She had fun, though, and that's all that matters. And she sure was proud of that medal!
6. She is an outside girl! She is definitely happiest when she's outside running around or riding her bike or scooter (oh, that is if she and her brother are getting along at that moment). These are at her preschool's bike-a-thon held in May.
7. She's a cutie patutie! Showing off her new jammies she got, but I also thought it was a good before picture of her hair.
8. She graduated from preschool. We thought it was funny when she asked Matt how old he was when he graduated...she thought she had him beat!!
9. Same as #6. She loves anything to do outside. We're lucky (errr, is that the right word?) we live in West Texas where the wind is never ceasing. Good kite flying weather...most of the time.
10. She loves horses. I know I said she's a tomgirl, but we figured out that instead, she truly is a "ranch girl". That girl should be growin up on a ranch!!
11. She's a fan of swimming--that is, unless the water gets in her face. Uhhh, ya, it's kinda hard to go swimming and not get your face wet, but nonetheless she still enjoys it. She took swimming lessons and has conquered her phobia just a tiny bit, but let's just say it's gonna take years of swim lessons to get over it.
And there you have it. All about Audrey. Well, almost...a note about her wouldn't be complete without the mention of a few other things. Like, she is a good sister--sometimes. And she's a good kid--most of the time. We'll just leave it at that. I love her to death, but she does need a little working on; but, hey, who in this world doesn't??
I LOVE YOU MY SWEET MISSY
4 comments:
OH, what a perfect 1st blog post! I'm so glad you are in my blog world too now! And thanks for the cd of pics- I've already posted some on my blog and facebook!
yayyyyyyy for a new blog!!! :)
The hair cut pics are sooooo cute of her. And they are really great pics too (photographically speaking) :) !!
Thanks for succumbing to the peer pressure.
SOO glad you have a blog now!! Woo hoo!! I loved this first post about Audrey and I LOVE her short hair! It is really cute!
Yayyyyyy!!! And all the bloggers cheer!!! We've one another one over (evil laugh and wringing of hands). I look SO forward to seeing your daily life!!!
I'm going over to add you to our google.com/reader blogroll right NOW!
Post a Comment