Judah turning 3 = Thomas the Train party, balloons, cake and ice cream, a gathering of little friends, and presents. I can’t believe my not-so-baby-anymore baby is 3!! (Can anyone say “It’s time to add another”—NOT!!)
Anyway, back to the party we had on Saturday for the big boy. We invited 2 little friends that are just about the same age (and happen to have older sisters that are just about Audrey’s age…how convenient). I think Matt may have been just as excited about the party, stating that it’s the perfect age because he’s old enough to understand, yet not old enough to to have attitude. Ahh, the perfect birthday party age. (Warning: LOTS of pictures coming—but you like looking at our pictures of our kids, right?)
Here he is opening presents:
He got lots of train stuff of course and a bunch of other cool things that he has really enjoyed playing with the past couple days!Playing with his Lightning McQueen remote controlled car:
His awesome cake. No, I didn’t make it—good ol’ Wally World, with a James Train (one of Thomas’ friends—duh, didn’t you know?) toy I had to buy because they didn’t have any Thomas kits.
The party crew:
Enjoying his cake and ice cream:
Those Moore kids, not sure about them…(don’t miss the snow boots in the first picture of Gideon!)
Putting his Thomas puzzle together with Gramma. Every time he got a piece in the right spot, he needed to give her a high five.
Proud of his completed puzzle:
And, uhhh, Daddy the engineer just couldn’t help himself??
More presents after the party was over when GiGi, Jeri, and Janey came over for lunch:
And the usual favorite—the cards that sing songs! This card sings the song “Boom Boom Ain’t It Great To Be Crazy”. Fun song for Judah to sing and dance to (mental note: post video—very cute!!)
We started a tradition last year on his birthday where we took some helium filled balloons and release them outside. Audrey didn’t take part this year over reluctance to loose her precious blue balloons (even though there were plenty). But Judah sure enjoyed it!
For months before his birthday, Judah has told just about everyone that when he turns three, “no more plugs” (pacifiers). So, being the big boy he is, he agreed to go to bed without a pacifier, only to cry and whine until we gave in and gave it to him. Ok, props for at least trying it. It broke my heart and I just couldn’t make him do without. I know the day will come when he’ll give it up, so I’m not worried—I’ll start worrying when he’s in Kindergarten and hasn’t given it up yet (yep, started taping Audrey’s fingers a couple weeks before school started so she’d get out of her finger sucking habit!). And to the lady at Matt’s office who told me that because he sucked on a pacifier after the age of one he’s got a 90% chance of becoming a smoker…we bought a pack of Marlboro’s just in case.
3 comments:
hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! oh pleeeeeease tell me she wasn't being serious!?! HAHA! Ahhh well, at least Judah will have a smoking buddy. He and Eden can go out back at Gigi's at Christmas together.
Happy Birthday Judah!! Looks like he had a great day! I love the balloon tradition! That's cool! So sad we missed it again, but next year...oh yes next year, I'm going all out for my sweet nephew!!
The Thomas party looks fun! Boy, I have tons of memories of those Thomas parties! Happy 3rd Birthday train lovin' boy!!!
Looks so fun! And I LOVE the pictures.
Post a Comment