Last night Audrey and I had a conversation that went something like this:
Audrey: (While playing with the George Washington brown bag puppet she had made at school) Was George Washington a real person?
Me: Yes, he was a real person.
Audrey: Is he still alive?
Me: No, he died a long time ago.
Audrey: Like before I was born?
Me: Yes, a long time before you were born. Before I was born, and before Gigi was born. (Gigi is her great-grandmother and I was trying to think of the oldest person she knew.) He died over 200 years ago.
Audrey: Really? WOW!
Then after a little while, she set up a puppet show for Judah and it went like this:
George Washington: Hello, I’m George Washington, and I died over 2,000 years ago. (I interject, “Hundred, 200 years ago.”) Oh, I died over 200 years ago, but this story is when I was still alive.
Then she starts humming the interlude to her story and it’s none other than the Star Wars theme. Now that’s funny!
She is totally obsessed with Star Wars. She watches Star Wars: The Clone Wars cartoon, has little Star Wars action figures, plays Lego Star Wars on the Wii, and has a clone trooper costume, but somehow it wasn’t enough. So she came up with these:
If you can’t tell, Audrey is C3PO and Judah is R2D2. Notice the robot action Audrey’s got going on. She’s so awesome!
4 comments:
HA! She IS awesome! and so creative!
Too funny!!! Jacob will love that!
That's too cute! I'll have to let Jacob read this post- he'll love it!
Okay, I found you!
Post a Comment