I did so well in December catching up, I better get my act together so this year doesn’t slip away without me blogging regularly. Good thing I didn’t make it my New Year’s resolution to blog consistently…
Before I move on to the scores of Christmas pictures, I wanted to share this first: This was a craft Audrey brought home from school. It may be hard to read, but on the plate it says, “I am thankful for…” and each hand names something different: Toys, god, Juses, mom, and dad. She makes me proud! And I’m thankful for a little girl who is sensitive, caring, and open to the things God is teaching her!!
December was a busy month with all the programs and get-togethers, so be prepared to be overwhelmed with pictures. Audrey had a “Winter Program” at school (don’t get me started on how it drives me crazy that we can’t celebrate CHRISTMAS!)Waiting her turn to say, “This Season…” (part of a poem the kids recited):It’s not hard to pick Audrey out of the sea of faces; she’s in the middle and the only one looking at the camera.
Grandad was able to come watch her program!
Sweet picture with Dad:
Both kids had programs at Church, too, but I only got a few pictures of Judah and cousin Eden before it started. This basically sums up their relationship (Eden pushing his buttons and Judah disliking EVERYTHING she does—whether meant to annoy him or not):
He’s so darn cute, though!
A lot of Matt’s cousins on his dad’s side of the family came in for Christmas, so there were a couple of get-togethers. This was the kids’ Christmas at Gigi’s:
And the next picture was Christmas Day over at Tom and Jeri’s. It was a little difficult to get them together and still, but we were able to snap a few pictures of ALL of Gigi’s great-grandkids.
Christmas morning at home
Audrey anxiously waiting to go open presents:Judah has to be one of the most appreciative kids…he is so happy and thankful when he opens gifts; it is really one of the cutest things in the world!
And that was after opening a present from us that was footy jammies and a new jacket! Audrey and Judah playing with the new playdough set; Judah is hardcore about it:
Even Ali enjoyed playing with her new toy:
The Turner Family Christmas was hosted at Matt’s folks’ house this year. The cousins always enjoy playing games together. Jenga was first…I love Brandon’s face (don’t worry, I didn’t knock it down, to Brandon’s sheer disappointment):Acting out the Christmas story with the nativity playset:
Such a pretty little gal!
My sister came to visit for a few days around New Year’s. Uhhhh, I didn’t take any pictures while she was here; terrible, terrible sister. Then, Matt’s youngest sister, Bekah, and her husband, Kevin flew in January 8th. That night we had a (kinda) surprise 80th birthday party for Gigi. Gigi went with Matt’s parents to pick up Bekah and Kevin at the airport, and after they left, we snuck in her house and decorated with streamers and balloons. Although she knew everyone was coming over to celebrate her birthday, I think she was pleasantly surprised by our decor. It was a lot of fun, but again, no pictures. What am I good for?! The next day we did Matt’s family’s Christmas. And these are the only 2 pictures I took. None of Bekah and Kevin. Seriously…
Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Celebrating Jesus’ birth and God’s ultimate gift is always a highlight of our year!
3 comments:
Precious family. Cute pics. Thanks for "catching us up!"
Jill.. You know me well! She will be sassy won't she?? That's what I'm worried about!!!!
Let's pray for Jacob genes!!!! :)
Wow, your babies are growing up! I can especially see lots of changes in Audrey and she is so beautiful! And Judah IS a cutie pie!
Post a Comment