Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sweet Baby Time

Have you ever wanted to have another baby, even though you knew you (and you pick the answer here): shouldn’t have one, couldn’t have one, couldn’t handle another one, etc?  Well, I’ve had the perfect opportunity this year to have my baby fix and still have my sanity and sleep.  My sister-in-law and her husband, April and Brandon, blogged about the birth of their niece, Emory, back in December.  Brandon mentioned something about Kim and Justin (Brandon’s brother) needing to find a caretaker for Emory for a couple days a week, and that got the wheels in my head spinning.  I lulled it over for a while, thinking whether I should do it or not, and then I made the call, throwing all care aside about how weird it would be to offer to keep the baby of people I didn’t know from Adam.  But we got it all worked out, and when she was about 7 weeks old, I kept Emory for the first time.  And it’s been so fun!  I get to keep her most Thursdays, and enjoy having a sweet baby to love on, hold, feed, and play with.  Judah’s pretty enamored with her as well, and I think vice versa.  Emory loves to watch Judah, and always has lots of smiles for him.  Kim comes to pick her up not long after we go get Audrey from school, but Emory also likes Audrey, who can make her laugh.  Here are some pictures I took of her on March 18th, when she was about 3 months old.Emory 006Emory 008Emory 009Emory 016 b&w  

This one is my favorite:Emory 010 b&w with bow in color

2 comments:

Merissa said...

great pics- and great idea for a baby fix (lets get going Michelle)!

Summer said...

Awww, are you sure you want to loan us your baby furniture? Don't be calling me when our little one is 3 weeks old telling me you need it back b/c you're pregnant! :)

Wish you were closer so you could watch our lil' squirt a few times a week too. Guess it wouldn't make sense for me to drive to Canyon to drop her off and then go back to Lubbock for work, huh? ;)