If you haven’t heard the Casting Crowns Christmas CD titled Peace on Earth, I highly recommend it. It has to be my favorite Christmas CD ever, and I am giddy with joy that it’s Christmas time so I can listen to it over and over again. Last week, I started listening to the words of one song, “While You Were Sleeping”, and it brought me to tears. (This is Jill writing, by the way. Didn’t want you all to think Matt got all teary eyed!) It begins talking about how Bethlehem slept through the birth of their King, and how there was no room for Him in the world He came to save. I would like to share the last part of the song with you.
“United States of America
Looks like another silent night
As we’re sung to sleep by philosophies
That save the trees and kill the children
And while we’re lying in the dark
There’s a shout heard ‘cross the eastern sky
For the Bridegroom has returned
And has carried His bride away in the night
America, what will we miss while we are sleeping
Will Jesus come again
And leave us slumbering where we lay
America, will we go down in history
As a nation with no room for its King
Will we be sleeping
Will we be sleeping
United States of America
Looks like another silent night”
Oh, it broke my heart, I tell you!! I haven’t ever--and probably won’t again anytime soon--used my blog as a soapbox, but I’m going to right now. I feel so sad for our country because it is supposed to be the best, the freest, and the bravest country in the world, and it has slowly deteriorated into a lukewarm, greedy, and split country. I’m not pointing any fingers or going to lay blame at politicians’ feet…that’s getting too deep for me. But I do feel hopeless and helpless for our country. Do I vote? Yes, but I don’t feel like that makes a big difference. And I’m too passionate and emotional to get into politics myself (not, again, that I feel like that would make a big difference). I feel like we’ve become “a nation with no room for its King”, and it grieves me deeply. This country is in trouble and the only fix is Jesus! I wish our eyes could be opened to that, but I’m afraid too many are turning their backs on Him. This Christmas season, will you join me in praying fervently for our country?
2 comments:
Amen sister. :)
good post.
I LOVE this cd. I'm so glad that you told me to get it last year. Regardless of it being a Christmas cd, it's played year round in the chancler household! :)
I will join you in praying and I need to go check out that cd!
Post a Comment