From my perspective, this past weekend was one of great accomplishments for Audrey. It started off Friday night when we were helping some friends move. They have three kids, a boy that is Audrey’s age and who is a great friend of hers, a girl that is a year older, and another girl that is in the 4th grade. Can I just tell you how awesome it is for kids to have friends that are a few years older than them?! I had been gone taking Judah to GiGi’s house to spend the night (see previous post: point #4) and when I come back, Audrey and the other girls are telling me they have something to show me. They then take me outside, grab a bike, take it to the street and send Audrey off—without training wheels!! I was completely amazed! She was close, ready to do it, but we just hadn’t taken the time. And I figured it would be a lot harder with drama and tears. However, with an older friend teaching her, she set her fear, defensiveness, and tentativeness aside and was very teachable. Now she has her confidence and is quite the little bike rider. Here are a few pictures I snapped in our driveway:
And it wouldn’t be complete without a pic of the little bro:
And the other big thing we are so proud of her is that she scored three goals in her soccer game Saturday morning! That girl was on fire. (And yes, being the mother of the year that I am I didn’t have my camera or video recorder with me. Keep chalking them up!) She had another game on Tuesday and scored another goal, but she wasn’t as into it as she was on Saturday. She has one more game this Saturday, so hopefully it’ll be a good ending to the season!
2 comments:
Hooray for Audrey!!! Riding a bike is so much fun!
Yay!! She looks so grown up!
Post a Comment